MB6IGG-GW is a Yaesu System Fusion Wires-X digital Gateway in Worthing, England. It is open to all and consists of a Yaesu FTM-400XD, Yaesu HRI-200 Wires-X Repeater Enhancement System and Yaesu’s Wires-X software running on a mini computer. Details of the current status of MB6IGG can be found on ukreapeters.
The Gateway was licenced on 16th May 2021.
- Frequency 434.500 MHz Simplex.
- Digital ID 00:00
- C4FM mode only – No Analogue or other digital modes.
- Transmitter Power 2.8 dBW (1 Watt).
- Diamond X50 Antenna with 5.05 dbd Gain.
- Antenna 6 Metres above ground level.
- Locator IO90st.
- Wires-X Node Number 76338 – Normally connected to a popular Fusion Wires-X room. If you want to use a different Node or Room See How To Here.
- Wires-X Room Number 86338 – Please use for rag chewing to free up the national networks.
- Some other Nodes and Rooms to try.
- Disconnect – DTMF command #99999 .
If you would like more information please contact me using the form on the CONTACT page.
Click here and read the general operating practices & procedures for MB6IGG-GW and the Wires-X network.
Located in Goring By Sea, near Worthing, West Sussex, England (Locator IO90) with an RF coverage of approximately 4.8 kilometres in any direction, Located in Goring By Sea, near Worthing, West Sussex, England (Locator IO90) with an RF coverage of approximately 4.8 kilometres in any direction, MB6IGG covers Central Worthing, West Worthing, Durrington on Sea, High Salvington, Goring By Sea, Ferring, Angmering, and East Preston but may be usable well outside this area depending on terrain and equipment. Access reports are always welcome please use the CONTACT page on this website.
To use MB6IGG-GW tune your transceiver to 434.500 MHz Simplex. Set the Mode to C4FM. Set the digital ID to 00:00 or Auto (This is normally the default factory setting). The Gateway will NOT pass other Digital modes or Analogue voice.
C4FM is all that is required to use the MB6IGG-GW gateway. However, with Wires-X mode you will be able to control the Gateway using your transceiver and switch to whatever Node or Room you wish on the Wires-X network. Information about suitable Wires-X compatible transceivers can be found on the Yaesu Website. When using Wires-X mode to control a Gateway, your transceiver will default to C4FM-DN.
By default MB6IGG-GW will normally be connected to a popular Fusion Wires-X Room linked Fusion Repeaters, Wires-X Gateways, Nodes and Rooms from all over the UK, and is often visited by Radio Amateurs from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and Europe. However, using a suitable transceiver connected to MB6IGG-GW in C4FM-DN Wires-X mode, you can switch away from this Room to any available Node or Room on the Wires-X network.
Please note MB6IGG-GW will only remain connected to your selected Node or Room on standby for about 30 minutes after which it will automatically disconnect. However if the disconnect time comes during voice communication the connection will be maintained until 20 seconds after voice communication has ended. It will then disconnect and the Gateway will return to the default Room. Disconnection from MB6IGG-GW or MB6IGG-ROOM can be executed using the DTMF command #99999.
Here are some Nodes & Rooms to try:
- 27792 CQ UK Wires-X Room (Popular room but not all Wires-X)
- 67771 UK South Coast (Wires-X)
- 76338 MB6IGG-GW Wires-X Gateway; Worthing, West Sussex (UK)
- 86338 MB6IGG-Room Wires-X Chat Room (UK)
- 21080 America Link Network (Multi-mode Link including Wires-X)
- 40324 SADRC -Radio Club San Antonio (USA)
- 40505 Canada Link
- 80015 CQ All Canada
- 21578 North West Ontario (Canada)
- 21062 Quebec EST Wires-X (Canada)
- 24117 CQ VK Link (Australia)
- 20587 FUKUOKA Link (Japan)
- 27187 Wires-X Spain
- 27741 DL Bridge XLX421 (Germany)
- 28674 CQ Finland
- 69115 South Island, New Zealand
- 69437 Auckland, New Zealand
How to switch Nodes & Rooms using Wires-X.
Below are a couple of examples of how to use a C4FM Wires-X connected Repeater or Gateway (such as MB6IGG-GW) to switch Nodes and Rooms with commands from a C4FM Wires-X compatible transceiver. Please note; Not all C4FM Repeaters are connected to the Wires-X network.
- Using a “Yaesu FT-991” or “Yaesu FT-991a” set the transceiver frequency to 434.500 MHz simplex, Mode C4FM-DN with the Digital ID 00:00 or Auto. Now touch the Wires-X button on the touch screen and a list of all available Nodes and Rooms will be downloaded to your radio, touch the screen to select the Node or Room you want and you will be connected. For detailed instructions consult the owners manual. You can download a copy using these links to the Yaesu website. FT-991a Operating Manual FT-991a Instruction Manual (GM Edition) FT-991a Instruction Manual (Wires-X Edition).
- Using one of the popular Yaesu FT-70D handhelds, set the transceiver frequency to 434.500 MHz simplex, Mode C4FM-DN with the Digital ID 00:00 or Auto. Now press the “F” (Function) button followed by the “AMS” button to activate Wires-X mode once connected you can select one of the previously stored Nodes or Rooms in C1 to C5 or manually enter a Node or Room number using the En option then press the “AMS” button to switch Node or Room. To disconnect from the Node or Room use the En option to enter(#)99999 and press the “AMS” button. For detailed instructions consult the owners manual. You can download a copy using this links to the Yaesu website. FT-70DR/DE Operating Manual (Including The Wires-X Function.
Things To Remember
MB6IGG-GW is a simplex Gateway, NOT a Repeater so you might not be able to hear both sides of the conversation, in particular the local RF station using the Gateway, so please listen for 3 minutes before transmitting. Whilst it is possible to use a Gateway such as MB6IGG-GW for local communication, this is not the intended use. For local communication you should use Simplex or a Repeater. Details about Worthing Repeaters can be found here: GB3RW, GB3WO and GB7CQ.
The RF power output of MB6IGG-GW is only 2.8 dbW (1 Watt) so please set your transmitter power to 5 Watts or less to minimise interference to others. Please don’t occupy busy national Nodes and Rooms chatting for long periods. Consider switching to your personal Wires-X Room (if you have one available) or use MB6IGG-ROOM (86338) to continue conversations.
The MB6IGG-GW gateway has no timeout, however the Wires-X network dose! Network talk time is limited to a maximum of 3 minutes per over and cannot be changed by users. It is also important to leave gaps of 3 to 5 seconds between each over, this allows others to connect or disconnect to and from the Wires-X network. Be considerate, polite and courteous to all, and enjoy using the MB6IGG-GW Wires-X Gateway to communicate with others in the UK and around the World.